Yes, you can drill a square hole with a round bit. Here's how: An auger-type drill bit spins inside a hollow four-sided chisel secured to the mortiser. The bit itself locks into a drill chuck inside the head of the machine. When you pull down on the mortiser's feed lever, the bit and chisel plunge simultaneously into your workpiece.
Like all drill bits, the auger bit bores a hole and ejects the chips. Meanwhile, the four sharp edges of the chisel pare the wood around the bored hole into a square shape. The auger bit removes this waste, as well, through a chip ejection slot in the chisel.
- Drill lengthened, high concentricity.
- The whole heat treatment, HRC48-50, high hardness.
- With the use of tenon machine, if the manual open hole, you need a hand drill and hammer and other tools.
- High-quality material with long service time.
- Material: HSS
- Total length: 210mm
- Clamping cylindrical diameter: 19mm
- Type: 1/2''(12.7mm) / 3/8''(9.5mm) / 5/16''(7.94mm) / 1/4''(6.35mm)
- (Note: The above size refers to the square hole drilling side length.
- Please allow 1-2mm error due to different measurement way, and refer to what you actually received because of product detail
- differ. )
Extremely high demand: expect 2-6 weeks for it to arrive (to be safe)